Sunday, April 26, 2009

what's in a date

When we shared the big announcement with my mom - we chose March 27, 2010 as the date of our wedding. Actually, I preferred the month of march because it's the birthday month of my dad who passed away last 2007. My dad died without seeing any of his 5 children getting married so I really wanted to have my wedding during his birthday month.

Kaya lang....

My mom, while teary-eyed that my dad would not be able to see me walking the aisle, suggested another date. I am from a family who believes in so many traditions, pamahiin, feng shui, etc., you name it and we have it. So, bring on the lunar calendar and let's decide on the date.


For 2010, lent starts early with Feb. 17 as Ash Wednesday and April 4 as Easter Sunday. Under strong objections of my mom and lolo, we should not get married during the lenten season. OKAY.

The number of our wedding date should only be either: 5, 8, or 0. reason? you wouldn't believe it but it has something to do with the strokes of the numbers... OKAY.

And what about the phase of the moon? Never during a Last Quarter. OKAY.

With that, 27 March 2010 is definitely out of the line.

How about before February 17? engk... february is not a good month either. kulang daw kz sa days. ooohhhh....

So January it is... 10 January ? engk.... going to last quarter of the moon.

30 January ? hmmm, ok, it's a full moon, ends in 0 and not within the Lent. OKAY

problem? December to January are peak months for wedding and with less than a year to prepare, bka mahirapan na kme to get suppliers.

well at least, everyone likes the date. Me and groom liked it because it's after the bonus period. We can still use our 13th month pay for the wedding preps. hehehe.

1 comment:

  1. hi sis! thanks sa info abt wedding dates. found ur reply sa w@wie group. =D

    parehas pala tayo na pamahiin sa fam. this will definitely be my guide in choosing our new wedding date.

    thanks and happy preps!

    - eyzel

    ReplyDelete